Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Little Kitty!

Well, times are tough and so is the money coming and going. This year I decided to make my girls their Halloween costumes since we are a little low on funds. My younger daughter was a princess last year and since I still had her costume, I decided to make her a CAT using pieces from it.



I have to say that I was really surprised after making the outfit how well it turned out. I used the sleeves from the old costume and sewed them onto a black leotard outfit. I used the fur collar, and the bottom of the dress, which had a wire.



The collar is pretty obvious, but, the tail was so cool when I finished. I cut the wire and then sewed the fur over so that it would look like a tail. Then I cut a hole in the black leotard and sewed the tail inside, just a little so as not to bother her, and presto-chango! We have what you see in the picture. I also cut some of the left over fur and made anklets that will fit right over her black tights.



I'm not sure what I was thinking, but when I was done, I felt like watching the Broadway video "Cats". LOL. Anyways, my youngest is so excited she can't wait to wear this outfit for Halloween. Stay tuned for the pictures of my oldest and her best friend in their totally HOT Kimonos.

No comments: